[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Floating Collections

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Aug 8 09:54:01 EDT 2012

Quoting Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org>:

> We ran into the same issue, but because we only want collections to
> float to/from certain locations.  The following is how we handled it
> in the short-term.  Basically, ignoring "floating" unless it was
> within a short list of org units.
>

> https://github.com/grpl-eg/rel_2_1/commit/eee5b7b11154e1918cda13e67ef0d1f0a6a1b846#lib/Application/Circ/Circulate.pm

While a hack like the above works for 1 Evergreen installation, I
think if enough different Evergreen users want this, then they should
get together and work out a specification that could be implemented in
Evergreen for everyone.

I can think of different ways to implement this depending on the
desired level of flexibility.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services