[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notice problems--can you help?

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Thu Dec 6 10:52:39 EST 2012

Hi all,

Just wanted to throw this out to the community to see if maybe I've
overlooked something.  Please forgive any duplication.

-----------------

Problem:

What we are finding out for our consortium is that often PDF (and sometime
email) notices will just stop being produced for no reason.

-----------------

When this sort of thing happens, is there any standard plan of action
that's been produced on how to troubleshoot this sort of thing?  What are
the next steps that I should take in trying to run down the problems?

I've been working on this for a few hours already today and have
tried/researched the following among others:

http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:troubleshooting

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.open-ils.general/5731/match=print+notices

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.open-ils.general/5339/match=print+notices

I've also tried all the documentation for 1.6, 2.0, 2.X series, but have
yet to find anything.  I do have SSH access to our utility server, but the
etc/cron/ entries are just placeholders and I've checked the system log but
nothing shows up.

-----------------

Does anyone have any ideas they can share about what I should do in the
even my print/email notices just stop appearing?

Thanks in advance for your help....

Tony

--
Tony Bandy