[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Exporting bib records--quick question

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Fri Dec 14 10:10:26 EST 2012

Hi all,

If I may just ask for some thoughts on this process, I would appreciate it!

We're in the process of exporting our records to Backstage for cleanup and
I've been following the instructions in the documentation for export.  Our
first batch went ok, however, our second batch throws an error similar to
this:

/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-2.1.2/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts# cat
/home/tonyb/Our_Export_Dec_13 | ./marc_export -i -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml > -x /openils/conf/fm_IDL.xml -f XML
--timeout 5 > Our_library_exported_files.xml
Retrieving Org Units ... OK
Retrieving Shelving locations ... OK
Argument "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>\n" isn't numeric in
int at ./marc_export line 241, <> line 1.

!!!!! Failed trying to read record 0
Argument "<!--\n" isn't numeric in int at ./marc_export line 241, <> line 2.

At this point, our first file and this file were the same (bib id's),
so I know nothing has changed there.  So for my next stab at things, I
tried to export in a bit different format:

cat /home/tonyb/Our_library_Export_Dec_13 | ./marc_export -all
--encoding UTF-8 > Our_library.mrc

This puts things in regular UTF-8 instead of XML and currently this
seems to work with no errors....however, this seems to want to export
the entire DB at once instead of reading the Our_library files.

Anybody have any ideas about the errors with the XML?  Is that only an
XML thing and am I getting the equivalent by just exporting to mrc
instead?

This may seem basic, but just wanted to ask folks and make sure I'm on
the right track here....thanks for your thoughts as you have a moment
or two.....

--

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org