[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Updating patron expiration dates??

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Wed Dec 19 13:02:12 EST 2012

Hi all,

Does group membership affect the editing abilities of an account on
Evergreen?

For example, one of the local sys admins at our libraries is attempting to
go in and update their staff accounts expiration dates.  For some accounts
this can be done, but for other accounts, the option is grayed out and no
edits can be done.

My only thoughts on this are that the accounts not able to be updated are
part of a different user group on the system.  Is this line of thinking
correct?

--------

I'm not sure it's a permission issue given the parameters above, but just
in case, I have previously given the following additional permissions and
no changes were observed in editing capabilities:

update_user
update_record
update_patron_primary_card
update_patron_active_card

Thanks for any thoughts or helps or links you can provide.  I didn't see
too much traffic on this on the lists.  Perhaps this might be one of those
events where direct database access is needed?

Tony

--
Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org