[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Academic bibliographic reserves

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Fri Dec 21 10:35:27 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

We are still thinking through our organizational structure and have run
into the issue of academic reserves. Although the titles we check out for
material that is placed on reserve is diminishing every year, it is still
something that needs to be dealt with. Other library systems have a module
dedicated to reserve material, but I gather academic Evergreen libraries
have been using the bookbag feature to service this area. Are academic
libraries satisfied with bookbags as an alternative to a reserves module?
Would it be sensible to create a sub-branch library named Reserves in our
organization structure? Should we treat reserve materials as a specific
collection or material type? Is there any documentation that specifically
addressed how to set up academic reserves? I didn't spot it in the 2.3
documentation if it's there.

Thanks for your insights,

Don

Don Butterworth