[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Sending E Mail Notification

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Dec 26 17:13:55 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 04:04:38PM +0530, Jayaraj JR wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
>       E Mail notifications are not working with our Evergreen installation.
> We have configured action / trigger mechanism. Is Evergreen uses any
> particular protocol for sending e mail. We are using Evergreen 2.2 in
> Ubuntu 12.04. mail command in ubuntu is working.
>
> What else we have to check for the functionality of sending E mail
> notifications through Evergreen

One troubleshooting technique is to check the output in your database to
ensure that it's an RFC 2822 compliant email, with To: / From: /
and Subject: headers:

SELECT ateo.create_time, ated.name, ateo.data
FROM action_trigger.event_output ateo
  INNER JOIN action_trigger.event ate
    ON ate.template_output = ateo.id
  INNER JOIN action_trigger.event_definition ated
    ON ated.id = ate.event_def
WHERE ated.reactor = 'SendEmail'
ORDER BY ate.id DESC
LIMIT 5;

You can also just grab the last 10 action_trigger.event_output results
where there was an error registered when the event fired to see if there
was any error recorded:

SELECT ateo.create_time, ated.name, ateo.data
FROM action_trigger.event_output ateo
  INNER JOIN action_trigger.event ate
    ON ate.template_output = ateo.id
  INNER JOIN action_trigger.event_definition ated
    ON ated.id = ate.event_def
WHERE ate.error_output IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY ate.id DESC
LIMIT 5;