[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.2 and Authorities

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Tue Feb 7 16:24:58 EST 2012

Hi all,

Today I turned my attention to testing the new Authorities browse
searching in Evergreen 2.2. I loaded some auth records through
Vandelay and was able to search them in the browse search. But I'm
uncertain about linking auth records to bibs; I see how to do it
manually, but I'm hoping there's a way to have bibs link to auths as
they are loaded, since it's not humanly possible to link manually
link all the bibs with their respective auth records. Have I missed
something, or is this still in development?

What would be nice is if the 1XX, 6xx, 7xx, and 8xx headings in the
bib record would create placeholder auth records for headings as the
bibs are loaded, which could be replaced/overlaid later with a load
of full auth records from a vendor such as Backstage Library Works.
Otherwise, we'll have a lot of records not retrievable with those
browse searches because their full auth records aren't in the system
yet. We'd never be caught up.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn