[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Can I change MARC type?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Feb 9 10:07:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM, 윤현탁 <dhtmxh at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this program, MARC21 is used.
> I hope to use KORMARC, edited in Korea. How can I change it?

Hi Hyuntak,

Depending on how different KORMARC is from MARC21, It would take a lot
of work to do this.  I think the first step would be to find an XSLT
that can convert KORMARC into MODS.  Even then, the system has some
direct references to certain tags (such as the 245) in the MARC that
would probably need to be changed.

It may be easier to crosswalk between KORMARC and MARC21.

--
Jason Etheridge
http://evergreen-ils.org