[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Batch MARC editing in Evergreen 2.2

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Thu Feb 9 10:20:50 EST 2012

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried out MARC batch editing in our test version of Evergreen
2.2, and I have a question. (What else is new?)

Is there a way to append subfields to an existing tag without replacing the
entire tag? We use subfield 9 in tag 856 for our libraries that subscribe to
Overdrive, and when a new library joins, I'd like to be able to add a new
subfield 9 to a batch of records for them. So far, my attempts have only
wiped the entire 856, creating it anew with just the subfields 9. Can the
batch editor work at just the subfield level, or is it intended to work only
on an entire tag?

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn