[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How do I go back to a clean EG/postgres schema?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:30:39 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I think I just mucked up the data in my tests server by prematurely
canceling out of a batch import. I would love to be able to reinstall
an fresh Evergreen postgres schema like I had when I installed
evergreen a couple of days ago. Additionally there are other testing
reasons that make me want to start fresh instead of spending time
cleaning up the problems I created.

I suspect that the process could more or less consist of dropping/
deleting the evergreen database instance, and then maybe running a
version of eg_db_config.pl?

This EG wiki page has an explanation of how to restore the EG db from
a back up, which I might be able to use for syntax ideas to do what I
want, but I would like to get some feedback from the community first.
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:maintenance:backups&s
[]=database&s[]=backup

Thanks in advance,
Yamil