[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Getting Apache error during EG installation: No apache MPM package installed

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Feb 10 12:00:28 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install EG from a working branch (user/senator/
autosuggest)[1], that more or less will correspond to most of what
will make it to EG 2.2. The target OS is Debian 6.0.4, but is running
inside a XEN VM. Note, that I have already installed the XEN tools/
drivers already. I have so far successfully installed EG on this same
set up a couple of times in the last seven days. Regretfully, the last
two times I have tried installing EG on this set up in the last 24
hours, I am getting the following Apache error when I tried to restart
Apache during the installation process...

   No apache MPM package installed

I searched around and I found a quick mention[2] error by phasefx
mentioning "incomplete pre-req fetching left me with No apache MPM
package installed"

This makes sense, but at this point I do not know how to fix this. In
case it helps I am attaching a copy of my output from running...
make -f Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install debian-squeeze

Thanks in advance,
Yamil

[1] http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/senator/autosuggest

[2] http://evergreen-ils.org/irc_logs/evergreen/2011-04/%23evergreen.11-Mon-2011.log