[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How do I go back to a clean EG/postgres schema?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Feb 10 12:05:28 EST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Bill Erickson wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:30:39AM -0500, Yamil Suarez wrote:
>
> Hi Yamil,
>
> If you just want to apply the updated schema and are willing to lose
> your data, all you need to do is re-run eg_db_config.pl.  It will drop
> the schema (and all of your data!) and re-build the schema.
>
> -b

This makes my day!

In this case, I do not care about the data I stored up to now in the DB.

To be absolutely clear, I can re-run the eg_db_config.pl the same way
that I did when I first installed, with all of the same parameters?

For example...

perl Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl --update-config \
        --service all --create-database --create-schema --create-
offline \
        --user evergreen --password evergreen --hostname localhost --
port 5432 \
        --database evergreen --admin-user admin --admin-pass
xxxxxxxxxx ;

Or do I need to skip/change some of the original parameters from the
original installation?

Thank you very much,
Yamil