[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How do I go back to a clean EG/postgres schema?

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Feb 10 12:18:59 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:05:28PM -0500, Yamil Suarez wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Bill Erickson wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:30:39AM -0500, Yamil Suarez wrote:
> >
> >Hi Yamil,
> >
> >If you just want to apply the updated schema and are willing to lose
> >your data, all you need to do is re-run eg_db_config.pl.  It will drop
> >the schema (and all of your data!) and re-build the schema.
> >
> >-b
>

> This makes my day!
>
> In this case, I do not care about the data I stored up to now in the DB.
>
> To be absolutely clear, I can re-run the eg_db_config.pl the same
> way that I did when I first installed, with all of the same
> parameters?
>
> For example...
>
> perl Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl --update-config \
>        --service all --create-database --create-schema --create-offline
> \
>        --user evergreen --password evergreen --hostname localhost --port
> 5432 \
>        --database evergreen --admin-user admin --admin-pass
> xxxxxxxxxx ;

Some of the parameters are unnecessary.  I think this should do it:

perl Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl
    --create-schema         \
    --user evergreen        \
    --password xxxxxxxxx    \
    --hostname localhost    \
    --port 5432             \ # not required for port=5432
    --database evergreen    \
    --admin-user admin      \
    --admin-pass xxxxxxx

Change to suit.