[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Questions about patron records

Scott Prater sprater at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:43:31 EST 2012

> Third, when I register a new patron in the client, I see a bar labeled
> Statistical Categories at the bottom of the screen.  This is not a link and
> I wondering how this is used.

Administrators can optionally create statistical categories to store
demographic (or other) data about patrons, then generate reports based
on gathered data.

Here's a link to the documentation on using the Statistical Categories Editor:

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/lsa-statcat.html

Once you create a statistical category, and optionally seed it with
some entries, it will show up in the patron registration screen, under
that bar you saw.

-- Scott