[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Error message when trying to import a bib recordvia39.50

John R. Clark berek at tds.net
Fri Feb 24 08:58:06 EST 2012

Hi Maggie,
One of my fellow librarians in our Maine Balsam consortium responded
that she discovered that sometimes it's a snit fit with a particular
Z39.590 site and apparently for no identifiable reason. Her solution,
and it worked for me, is to pull the bib in from another Z39.50
resource. I tried it for the book in question and it imported just fine.
One other possible gotcha is a lengthy 520 field. I like having good
summaries for fiction and sometimes the ones I see or add are pretty
long. That might have been the case with the one that was problematic. I
simply added it after the import from another source. Hope these
thoughts are useful.

Regards,
John Clark