[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] When changing metabib_field definitions how and when to reingest?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:31:13 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

I am experimenting with the auto-suggest feature that ESI developed,
using code from a Git branch they created based on master. The auto-
suggest feature partially relies on metabib_field definitions. So I am
planning on making changes to my metabib_field definitions.
Specifically, I am changing the format, weight, and xpath values. I
don't seem to need to re-ingest my records when I change the weight
field, but do I need to re-ingest if I change the xpath or format
values?

Also, what is the preferred way to trigger a re-ingest of all my
records if I do need to re-ingest in this scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Yamil