[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Patron search - limit results

Fiona Borthwick fiona.borthwick at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Feb 28 10:19:05 EST 2012

Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to help us.  We have recently
implemented Evergreen for a consortium in Scotland and there are already
new members joining so this issue becomes more of a priority!  When
doing a patron search, you can obviously limit the results to
Everywhere, Local System or Branch. Our customers however want stricter
control over this so that staff will NOT be able to search and retrieve
patrons in consortium libraries other than their own local system.

We have spent a lot of time looking at Permissions and testing with the
VIEW_USER permission set to System level but this is having no effect.
One of my colleagues has looked at the page behind this but cannot see a
way of setting this limit.

This is a major issue for our customers and needs to be sorted out as
soon as possible so I would be extremely grateful for any help!

Many thanks in advance,
Fiona

--
Fiona Borthwick
Customer Services Consultant, PTFS Europe Limited

+44 (0) 800 756 6803  (phone)
+44 (0) 7540 768230  (mobile)
+44 (0) 800 756 6384 (fax)
fiona.borthwick at ptfs-europe.com