[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Spine/pocket label printing in 2.X

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Jan 18 09:41:11 EST 2012

The PINES consortium just upgraded to 2.1. While most things have gone
smoothly, printing spine/pocket labels, list and receipts have been an
issue. We have found solutions to most of the list and receipt issues but
our libraries that still use spine/pocket labels and the Okidata dot
matrix printers are experiencing problems trying to get the pocket label
to justify on those lines in line with the spine label. In 1.6, the
alternate print strategy (DOS LPT1 Print) solved the problem. In 2.1.1, it
makes it far worse - the labels print with no  adherence to the settings.
Have any libraries using 2.X and printing spine/pocket labels and the evil
little dot matrix printers found a solution to this (other than not
printing pocket labels-I've pushed that idea as far as I can. Or not using
dot matrix printers. Not an option for some of our libraries)? I am
assuming it is still the underlying problem with xulrunner  (or was that a
feature?)?

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy

PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager

Georgia Public Library Service,

A Unit of the University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place, Suite 150

Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128

404.235-7201, fax