[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] bookings module - media bookings

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:17:35 EST 2012

Hi,

We've started using the bookings module to manage our media bookings.
Before it was a manual process and we're having some issues with getting
Evergreen bookings to work for us.

Here are the main issues:

   - can't edit existing bookings, they must be deleted and re-entered
      - so, an instructor can't pick up a booking late--we have to cancel
      the booking and redo it at the desk (which involves creating
brief bibs for
      media titles that we've ILLed from other libraries)
   - can't see who has a particular item out on a booking

We can't be the only ones who've had difficulties with this. I'm wondering
what other libraries are doing to make this work.

The first could be solved by being really strict about instructors picking
up bookings on time (we are a small art school--this isn't going to happen,
nor would it work). The second could technically be solved by a
report--though circ staff don't have access to running reports and the time
lag in getting the circ supervisor or me to run a report.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Cheers,
Tara