[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] integration of electronic content

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Jan 24 12:09:11 EST 2012

Thanks Dan. I'm not trying to be coy.  Just trying to get a handle on the
range of options.  In my ideal world, of course I want this " or having the
search go against the full-text of the ebooks / ejournals / databases
and show up in federated results..."  but it seems like most people just
have a link in their 856 field that takes the user to the Overdrive copy.
 I'm trying to see how we've gotten with Evergreen to the ideal world.  Or
if there is a better ideal world that I'm missing.

Can you explain (in layman's terms what this means):   if it finds
a match then it shows the result from the OpenURL resolver (including
coverage information for ejournals); failing that it falls back to the
located URI.

I understand it as: if it finds a match then it shows the copy for which
that user is authenticated; failing that it......what?

Lori