[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] bookings module - media bookings

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Tue Jan 24 14:48:20 EST 2012

You're absolutely right. It is a real pain. To get around this, our media point people sign out the reserved items in advance to the instructor. So if it's a late pickup, it doesn't affect the booking.

Again, not perfect, but it seems to be working for us.

Gordana

>>> Tara Robertson <information.detective at gmail.com> 1/24/2012 1:44 PM >>>
Thanks Gordana,

Not being able to edit an existing booking seems to be the biggest pain point, and might be a deal breaker for us. How do you deal with this?

Yesterday we had a faculty member who was picking up a booking late (they had 8 films, two of which were not ours, so staff had created a brief bib so they would be in our system). The staff person had to cancel all 8 bookings, create two new brief bibs and then recreate 8 bookings, capture the items, then check them out to the faculty member.

Do you allow people to pick up bookings late?

Thanks again,
Tara