[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC start page

Robert Ruthven ruthvenr at stirling.gov.uk
Wed Jan 25 08:19:38 EST 2012

http://evergreen.library.beau.org/opac/en-US/skin/lul/xml/rresult.xml?rt=keyword&tp=keyword&t=jazz&l=103&d=2&f=

> The key GET param you're interested in is the "l" parameter - which
> stands for "library". This specifies the ID of the library found in the
> actor.org_unit table to which you want to scope your search. However,
> you can see that value in the URL so you don't need to look in the
> database for this one.
>
> Assuming that the value in your case is "l=102", you can provide links
> http://evergreen.library.beau.org/opac/en-US/skin/craftsman/xml/index.xml?l=102
> to start patrons at the right search scope. In our case, we redirect
> patrons from various subdomains (like "laurentian.concat.ca" and
> "windsor.concat.ca") to the full URL including the "l" parameter
> appropriate for the scope of each library.
>
> Hopefully this helps.

Hi

I'm trying to get the embedded search box on our corporate website to work in
the same way but I can't figure out how to edit the url to get it to work.  I
want the search scope to deafult to l=102 but I'm not having any successs in
editing the url in this script

<form action="http://prd1.sedar.org.uk/opac/en-GB/skin/stirling/xml/rresult.xml"
method="get">
        Quick Catalogue Search:<br />
        <input type="text" alt="Input Box for Catalog Search" maxlength="250"
 size="20" id="t" name="t" value=""  />
        <input type="hidden" id="rt" name="rt" value="keyword" />
        <input type="hidden" id="tp" name="tp" value="keyword" />
        <input type="hidden" id="l" name="l" value="2" />
        <input type="hidden" id="d" name="d" value="" />
        <input type="hidden" id="f" name="f" value="" />
        <input type="submit" value="Search" class="form-submit"  />
</form>

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks