[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reshelving 2.2Alpha1

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Jan 25 09:29:54 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:

>  Hi Sue,
>
> Not sure about the cause of the error you're seeing quite yet, but I
> noticed that the SQL function specified as part of the error looks out of
> date.

2.2-alpha1 is horribly out of date and not even worth installing, in my
opinion. Backtracking to figure out whether a problem reported in
2.2-alpha1 is still valid or has been fixed in current master is often a
lot of work.

Maybe automated nightlies would be a reasonable middle ground for people
and sites who want to help flush out problems early in the release cycle,
but who prefer to work with release snapshot tarballs rather than working
directly from the git repository. From the dev side, problem reports should
be a bit easier to reproduce. And automating the tarball build process
would ensure that we know all the bits that need to be touched to create a
release, which would (in theory) help solidify our release process.

(Insert standard MVLC "everyone should just run master" exhortation here)