[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen staff client on Ubuntu 12.04

Howell, Lynda Lynda.Howell at myunion.edu
Mon Jul 2 11:18:29 EDT 2012

I'm new to Evergreen, testing it out as a possible replacement for our current ILS.  I'm trying to get Evergreen 2.2 installed on a stand-alone PC running Ubuntu 12.04, and have run into a problem running the staff client.

The staff client requires XULRunner, which isn't available from the official Ubuntu 12.04 repositories.  I tried downloading XULRunner 3.6.28 from Mozilla and following the installation instructions at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XULRunner_1.9.2_Release_Notes#Linux, but when I get to the step of registering XULRunner, I get the same "xulrunner: command not found" message I'm trying to install it to fix.  I'm not familiar enough with Ubuntu to know what I'm doing wrong or what to try next.

I've found several references in older Evergreen documentation to XULRunner being installed by default with Firefox, but I think that's on earlier versions of Ubuntu.  I'm running Firefox 13.0.1.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks a lot.

Lynda Howell.

Lynda Howell, Systems Librarian
Union Institute & University
62 Ridge Street, Suite 2