[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deposit Fees

Debbie Hensler hensler at hslc.org
Tue Jul 3 15:54:27 EDT 2012

I asked this question late Friday and haven't had any responses. I'm
hoping someone can help and the email just got overlooked in the usual
Monday morning inbox overload!

We have a library that uses deposits on some of its items. I added the
permissions for ITEM_DEPOSIT_REQUIRED.override and
ITEM_DEPOSIT_PAID.override and they work perfectly. The
ITEM_DEPOSIT_REQUIRED alert pops up when the item is checked out and the
bill for the deposit is added to the record so staff can accept and
apply payment for the bill immediately. An alert pops up when the item
is returned, showing that a deposit was paid.

But, the ITEM_DEPOSIT_PAID does not show up on the patron bills screen;
I would think it would appear as a refund due, basically the reverse of
the deposit required. A search of the documentation doesn't find
anything recent (unless I'm missing it), only a reference to v.1.2.4
(http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=feature_list_1_2_4) saying,
"At present, the system does not automatically
remove/voiddepositbillings at item checkin. It must be managed by staff."

An old thread
(http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2009-October/002056.html)
says that what I think should happen doesn't, but the workflow provided
(to void the bill and create a refund due) is less than ideal.

I'm interested in learning how those of you who are using the deposits
handle processing the refund, or if you can direct me to documentation
that may be out there.

We're on 2.1.

Thanks,
Debbie