[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2013 conference: call for proposals

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:25:38 EDT 2012

We are now accepting proposals for Evergreen 2013! We are going to have an
amazing program with sessions to engage the full range of participants in
Vancouver next year: end users, librarians, developers, system
administrators, managers and organizations considering Evergreen as their
ILS.

The theme this year is Open Library Ecosystem. Use this as a starting point
and interpret it broadly when thinking of proposals. The conference will
have two streams consisting of 30 and 45 minute sessions. We would love to
see proposals featuring folks with different skill sets – cataloguers,
system administrators, developers, serials wizards. We’d also love to see
people from different consortia present together: like software trainers
from across the community. Open up and share your stories and experiences –
we want to hear them!

We’re trying something different this year. We hope to have about three
2-hour tutorial workshops on a specific technical topic. They will be
hands-on and may require some skill prerequisites and possibly some setup
homework to do before the session. These workshops will be led by people
within the Evergreen community, as well as inviting experts to teach us
what they know. We want to hear what technical topics you want to attend,
or one that you may want to lead.

Call for submissions and workshop ideas are open until September 30, 2012.

http://eg2013.evergreen-ils.org/call-for-proposals/

On behalf of the organizing committee and the Program Advisory Committee,

Tara Robertson
Conference Chair

Register: http://eg2013.eventbrite.com
Book your hotel: