[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] error compiling evergrren

St-Jacques, Patrick Patrick.St-Jacques at cra-arc.gc.ca
Thu Jul 5 13:50:29 EDT 2012

After all the problems I have getting evergreen to start , I decided to start from scratch so I installed opensrf fine and I am at the open-ils phase and when I do:

./configure --prefix=/openils --sysconfdir=/openils/conf

I get this error

configure: error: *** OpenILS requires libpq

I install sucessfully all the rpms for postgres 9.1

In the config.log file this is the error

configure:12271: checking for main in -lpq
configure:12290: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lpq  -lxslt -lxml2 -lreadline -lncurses -lexpat -ldbi -ldl  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpq
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

any help would be appreciated