[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Proposing the 2012 Evergreen Hack-A-Way

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:24:57 EDT 2012

This is an awesome idea.

You might want to check out CurateCamp, something that the digital library
folks have been doing for a few years for some inspiration on format and
how to keep costs down: http://curatecamp.org

I think they usually do it at a university over the summer to keep things
really cheap. I recall that participants stay in dorms and the total cost
for everything was about $50 (can't remember if it included basic food
stuff). If someone at a university (with a dorm) in a city that's an
airport hub offered to host, it could be pretty cheap.

Cheers,
Tara