[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How are you handling "Donated by"?

Justin Hopkins justin at mobiusconsortium.org
Thu Jul 26 15:59:46 EDT 2012

Several of our libraries who are being migrated into Missouri Evergreen are interested in preserving information about who donated an item when they come over into Evergreen. I understand that we can move this type of information into copy notes, but this is less than ideal for a couple of reasons: 1) Copy notes aren't especially accessible in the staff client, 2) Copy notes don't appear at all in the TPAC, and 3) Even in the JSPAC where they do appear they are not index and therefor not searchable.

I have created a report to display copy notes, so the data is there and they can report on them but they aren't able to display that information to the public. In general EG doesn't seem very well suited to displaying custom/local item level information.

Does anyone have thoughts or tips on this? Have you dealt with this issue in your group/library?

Regards,
Justin Hopkins
IT & Web Services Coordinator
573-808-2309