[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Recommendations for PC reservation & print management software needed

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Fri Jun 1 16:04:23 EDT 2012

On Friday, June 1, 2012 3:40:16 PM "Elizabeth Longwell" <blongwel at eou.edu> wrote:
> Evergreen libraries,
> One of our district libraries is looking at PC reservation/time
> management/print management software solutions. They have polled our
> local consortia but would like to find out what other Evergreen
> libraries are using and/or recommending. We are currently on
> Evergreen 2.1, soon to upgrade to 2.2.
We have ~6 libraries using CASSIE (http://librarica.com/) with good results.
Once caveat, it is picky about having the correct drivers for printers and it does not allow you to specify which driver to use when setting up print management on the public machines.
As such, if you have Win 7 public machines, the computer that you use for print management needs to have Win 7 installed as well.
Our libraries get a discount with them as we (the system, or me specifically) do the initial install and level 1 tech support to get them off of the ground.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21