[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Editing/deleting org units

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:52:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich
<alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> Is there any special reason why the org units are not modifiable through the staff client?

They are, including delete-able.  As there are many interdependencies,
though, it can be difficult to get rid of everything you need to in
order to effect the delete.  We could consider adding a big, scary
"PURGE IT ALL" button, but the number of cases it would cover and the
fact that it would be more like a foot-bazooka than a simple foot-gun
makes me very leery of doing so.

> Also, is it the current recommendation to keep the consortium as the top org unit, even for one-library organizations?

You can trim the tree to a single org unit.  Several small libraries
do exactly that.

--miker

--
Mike Rylander