[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Spine label printer recommendations

Janet Royer janetr at ci.burlington.wa.us
Wed Jun 6 11:22:25 EDT 2012

The very old printer (Okidata 390 plus) that we have been using to print
spine labels completely died yesterday.  We are now looking at something
to replace it quickly.  I've read in the list archives the
recommendation for the Dymo 400, but since that model is discontinued I
am wondering what people think about the Dymo 450.  Is it easy to use?
Do the labels last?  Does it integrate well with Evergreen or is there
another interface needed to print the labels?  Is there a recommendation
for another brand/model of printer?

Cost is a factor since we had not budgeted for a new printer this year.
We need something reliable that we hopefully won't have to replace again
in the near future.  I don't expect it will last for 20+ years like our
Okidata, but it would be nice to have some longevity.

Any information would be extremely helpful.  We would like to get
something as soon as possible since our book processing is currently
stalled until we can print labels again!

Janet Royer

SysAdmin/Circ Supervisor

Burlington Public Library

820 E Washington Ave