[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Configuring applied penalties and messages

Turner, Jennifer M jennifer.turner at mnsu.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:13:13 EDT 2012

How can staff-applied standing penalties and messages be configured to display at all org units in a consortium?  Currently, when we apply an alert  or note message from a branch library, it only displays to staff logged in at that library.  Messages applied from the headquarters location (system-level) may be viewed at all org units.

We've looked at the settings for Standing Penalty Types (Admin > Local Admin > Standing Penalties).  Do we need to adjust the org_depth setting here?  Currently this field is NULL for all penalty types.  If it needs to be adjusted, what integer value should be entered.  I've experimented with 0, 1, 2, and 3, but none of those seemed to change the system's behavior.

Thanks for any assistance!

Jenny

Jennifer Turner | PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities | 507-389-2000