[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.3 alpha around the corner

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 14 10:35:59 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Sure, a whole pile of releases came out yesterday (you_know_who_your_are++), but what have you done for us lately??  As the EG 2.3 release manager, it's my pleasure to remind everyone that the first Evergreen 2.3 alpha release is right around the corner.  The scheduled release date is July 2.  Developers, keep those engines running.

We already have a growing list of committed features for 2.3.

https://launchpad.net/evergreen/+milestone/2.3.0-alpha

We also have a list of not-yet-committed features that are tentatively targeting 2.3.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/2.3/+bugs

Do you have opinions on these items or think some items are missing?  Let your voices be heard.  It's safe to say this will be the shortest feature development cycle of any major Evergreen release.  Within the next month or so, we'll have a pretty good sense of everything that's making the cut.  In six weeks, we hit the feature freeze.  Now is the time to effect change.

2.3 Release Schedule:

July 2  : Alpha 1 (as necessary, followed by A2, ...)
Aug 1   : Beta 1 / feature freeze (as necessary, followed by B2, ...)
Aug 31  : RC 1 (before US Labor Day holiday)
Sept 19 : 2.3 General Release

Thanks.  Happy coding and Launchpad'ing.

-b

--
Bill Erickson