[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.3 alpha around the corner

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Jun 14 22:21:59 EDT 2012

Hi Bill,

> Do you have opinions on these items or think some items are missing?
>  Let your voices be heard.  It's safe to say this will be the
> shortest feature development cycle of any major Evergreen release.
> Within the next month or so, we'll have a pretty good sense of
> everything that's making the cut.  In six weeks, we hit the feature
> freeze.  Now is the time to effect change.

Thanks for asking the question! Since jspac is scheduled to be
deprecated as of 2.3, I think it might be useful to identify which of
those unsponsored pending features from
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:opac:template-toolkit:plan&rev=1339016264 should be addressed before jspac is phased out. There are two that jump out at
me:

* Display of public copy notes - it might seem to be minor, but public
notes aren't really public if the public can't see them.

* Check for password strength at login and force change if password is weak.

There are several other items on that list that I would like to see
eventually incorporated into tpac, but the above two features are
basic things I think should be available before tpac becomes the
default catalog for Evergreen.

Also, I didn't see the new xulrunner branch
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/942134) in the links you
sent out. Is that something that might be tested and committed in time
for 2.3?

Thanks!
Kathy