[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] This week in development

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 15 15:37:56 EDT 2012

Evergreen 2.2.0 is released!  This is the long-awaited, first stable
release of the 2.2 series with the new Template Toolkit-based OPAC and
all the other new features.

2.1.2 RC2 and 2.0.12 were also released.

All of this week's releases contained security fixes, so sites should
upgrade to the latest release in their series with due haste, or see
here for instructions on applying the security fixes without going
through the whole upgrade process: http://evergreen-ils.org/blog/?p=776

Dan Scott has been selected as a Fedora Linux packager.  He'll be adding
and updating several of the standard Perl modules that Evergreen relies
on to Fedora.  This means that sites using Fedora Linux should see the
Evergreen installation process get easier.  The same improvements should
eventually reach Red Hat Enterprise Linux as well.

Sites that have recently brought the Template Toolkit OPAC online are
bringing attention to bugs that affect them, and the developer community
is responding to the call to work out solutions.  This is how things get
better and better!

Some developers have also been working on new SIP-based features for
Evergreen, specifically detailed display of user fines and credit card
payments via devices that support that.

Work has also gone into improvements in:
     - hold targeting
     - MARC Record Batch Import/Export ("Vandelay" to the developers)
     - command line tools for updating authority records
     - more!

Apologies to anyone whose contributions I have neglected to mention.  I
don't exactly intend these emails to be comprehensive of all development
contributions for the past week, but I just want to give a broad
audience an idea of what the developer community is focusing on.

Thanks!

--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley