[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deposit Fee refunds

Debbie Hensler hensler at hslc.org
Fri Jun 29 17:14:14 EDT 2012

Happy Friday afternoon!

We have a library that uses deposits on some of its items. I added the
permissions for ITEM_DEPOSIT_REQUIRED.override and
ITEM_DEPOSIT_PAID.override and they work perfectly -- the bill for the
deposit is added to the record so staff can accept and apply payment for
the bill immediately.

When the item is checked back in, staff is notified that a deposit has
been paid, but that doesn't transfer to the patron bill as a refund due
the same way that the deposit required does.

Can someone tell me if I'm missing a step to make that happen? Or if you
have a procedure for handling refunds in Evergreen?

We're on 2.1.

Thanks,
Debbie

--