[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Update from the Web Team

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri Jun 29 18:50:12 EDT 2012

Hello, Evergreen community members.

Some of you already know me, but I will (re)introduce myself.  My name is Alexey Lazar.  I work at PALS in Mankato, MN administering our Evergreen ILS-based services.  Prior to joining PALS I worked with websites in various capacities for over a decade, most recently as a web developer focusing on information architecture, policies and information management.  I joined the Evergreen Web Team recently to become involved with the ongoing work on a new Evergreen website.  I will be responsible for keeping the community up-to-date on the project.

As we work on this prototype, we hope to make our process open and to seek feedback and input from community members.  The exact format of these types of communication will be determined as needed.

You may already know that the Web Team is currently in the process of drafting a prototype of what should become the future Evergreen website.  Much of the groundwork for the project has been completed in the past two years.  I am not sure what has been communicated about the project during the past two years, but you could take a look at the web plan [1] to become more familiar it.

Current Web Team members are: Anoop Atre <aatre at esilibrary.com>, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com>, Jim Craner <jim at galecia.com>, Alexey Lazar <alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> and Steve Wills <swills at beyond-print.com>.  We meet by conference call based on times determined by Doodle polls.

We are in the process on formalizing our group functions in terms of keeping minutes, agendas, todo lists, etc. The Web Team dokuwiki pages haven't been touched in a while.  I recently got access and hope to update them soon.

Notes from our 2012-05-31 meeting are available [2].  I hope to send out notes from our 2012-06-19 meeting in the next few days.

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions, please share.

Thanks.

--

[1] http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=webteam:webplan:2011
[2] http://list.evergreen-ils.org/pipermail/evergreen-web-team/2012-June/000240.html