[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting up Z39.50 servers

Victoria Bush vbush at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 7 11:10:46 EST 2012

I had a Z39.50 server set up in version 1.6.0.4 for a server set up in the state of Illinois, and I'm trying to copy that information over to use in 2.1.1. My settings worked fine in 1.6.0.4, but  it doesn't seem to be working in the new version. I think the problem is that while the server requires a login, it does not have a password (or the password is blank).

Spelunking through the log files, I see this in open-ils.search_stderr.log:

Use of uninitialized value $rformat in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/share/perl5/OpenILS/Application/Search/Z3950.pm line 368.

I'm wondering if the lack of a password is causing problems here. Any recommendations on how I can get around this?
--
Victoria Bush
CTLT
vbush at ilstu.edu