[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds on serials issuances

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu Mar 8 10:30:07 EST 2012

On 03/08/2012 10:18 AM, Mary Llewellyn wrote:
> Hi Lebbeous,
>
> If you don't mind, I have a few questions about serials in 2.2.

Hi Mary.  Not at all!

> 1. When you are setting up a distribution, there's a new field labeled "Summary method". What is this for and what should go in this field?

This I can never remember, but I know that Dan Wells knows.  I'm letting
him know via IRC that I've put him in the headlights here on the mailing
list.

> 2. In the streams area, I was able to create a small routing list, but got an error when I tried to receive an issuance with the routing box checked.  "TypeError: xulG.urls is undefined."

That sounds like a bug, and if I can't readily reproduce it, I'll come
back soon to ask you for more details on how it happened for you.

> 3. in the PAC, I'm not seeing an org unit associated with the issuances. I set up subscriptions for two different libraries, but can't tell one summary from another. I'm seeing:
>
> [-] v.41:no.1(2012:Jan.) - v.41:no.5(2012:May ), v.41:no.1(2012:Jan.)
> v.41:no.5(2012:May ) 	Place Hold
> v.41:no.4(2012:Apr.) 	Place Hold
> v.41:no.3(2012:Mar.) 	Place Hold
> v.41:no.2(2012:Feb.) 	Place Hold
> v.41:no.1(2012:Jan.) 	Place Hold
> v.41:no.1(2012:Jan.) 	Place Hold
>
> Is this right? Or have I missed something else?

That is right, or at least it's what you can expect to see for the
moment.  Your timing is fortuitous, however, because just yesterday
afternoon I put a rewrite of that very OPAC feature on Launchpad that
will, among other things, group holdings under their org unit names so
that it's much clearer who holds what.  It will also group holdings by
chronology or enumeration so that paging through large collections is
easier; depending on the pattern of the serial, you may select a year to
expand (for example), then you get to see all the monthlies for that
year, rather than seeing a big display of years' worth of monthlies at once.

I hope this new feature will make it into 2.2.  Here's the Launchpad
link: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/949466

> Thanks again,

No problem!

--