[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Building Linux staff client for 2.1.0

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at mnsu.edu
Fri Mar 23 17:22:28 EDT 2012

Hi Buzzy
This is what I usually do instead of compiling the client again on my
Ubuntu desktop. Note that we run Ubuntu servers and have not had any
issues using this method of testing out staff clients. I am pretty sure
that there shouldn't be cross distro issues either.

On the Evergreen server I tar up the "Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/build"
directory found in the Evergreen source directory where you compiled and
installed the system.

Then on the desktop I untar it into say build_2_1_1, so I can have
multiple versions of the build directory for multiple test server versions.

Next I start up the client by running the appropriate xulrunner version
required, currently we use xulrunner-1.9.2, and passing the application
initialization file path (application.ini).

Example:
  /usr/bin/xulrunner-1.9.2
/home/evergreen/client/build_2_1_1/application.ini &

Other options you can pass to xulrunner:

To enable a console, start xulrunner with the -console argument. Note
that -console goes after the application.ini argument: e.g. xulrunner
/path/to/application.ini -console

To be able to pick from multiple profiles you can pass a -P which also
allows you to create a new profile. e.g. xulrunner
/path/to/application.ini -P

To allow multiple instance to run at the same time you can use
-no-remote. e.g. xulrunner /path/to/application.ini -no-remote

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers

--

Anoop Atre