[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Records displaying in the catalog

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Mar 26 11:12:54 EDT 2012

FYI—aspects of the vocabulary around transcendent sourced items in
Evergreen is problematic and not exactly accurate, from a cataloger’s
perspective. The bibliographic record source is still your bibliographic
utility (such as OCLC or SkyRiver), a Z39.50 library, etc. What is
transcendently sourced is the actual item, or rather, how you access the
item is transcendent.  You can have, for example, a record imported from
OCLC that is sourced as NetLibrary. The bibliographic source of the record
is OCLC; but the access/source of the item is Netlibrary.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy

PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager

Georgia Public Library Service,

A Unit of the University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place, Suite 150

Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128

404.235-7201, fax