[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Should we have a systems administrators list?

W. Brad LaJeunesse brad at esilibrary.com
Tue May 1 13:00:12 EDT 2012

I agree with Ben. Obviously, if a certain community sub-group decides it
wants to create their own mailing list, there is no Evergreen police to stop
you, but I think doing so is a mistake.

One of the strengths of the Evergreen community that I think we've worked at
is the lack of formal boundaries between our stakeholder groups. This isn't
a proprietary system where the developers are locked in a dungeon  and you
must speak through Swiss intermediaries. We're also a relatively small group
and I think the last thing we should be doing is splitting our forces. I
suggest keeping it together and using subject lines effectively.

So, I agree with Ben's thoughts. I just saw Lebbeous's email and I agree
with his points as well.

---
W. Brad LaJeunesse