[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] State of the map of Evergreen libraries?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed May 9 15:43:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

On May 9, 2012, at 2:53 PM, Dan Scott wrote:
> 1) Process for adding Evergreen libraries to the map. Maybe updating
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen_libraries could
> / should be step one (only a wiki account is required!), but we don't
> have coordinates there currently, just a rough location field. Then
> perhaps map updaters could follow the revisions to that page and update
> a centralized KML file accordingly.

One thing that occurs to me is that some of this could in principle be automated, since any given organization unit hierarchy will almost always include mailing addresses.

It wouldn't be perfect -- for example, I know of at least one Evergreen consortium that has OUs that it does not care to (or cannot) publicly identify --  but would folks be amenable to there being some kind of "submit your OU hierarchy to the Evergreen Project" function, akin to Debian's voluntary package "popularity contest"?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton