[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2.2 RC1 - Preview of a preview - "second last call"

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu May 10 13:47:21 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback to my first last call for Evergreen 2.2 RC1.
Here's the second one.

We have resolved the showstoppers that we know about to date, and Thomas
Berezansky has built a staff client installer and the "tarball"
distribution format of the 2.2 RC1 source for server admins.

Please test these, even lightly, if you have the resources to do so!  If
you have a site for which the installation process itself (or the upgrade
process) simply doesn't work, that's what we need to hear about.

Operational bugs remain important of course, but there's still Launchpad
for that.  The specific purpose of this "second last call" is to make sure
that people will at least be able to get 2.2 RC1 running, and then be able
to continue from there with reporting bugs.

These files are available at temporary locations for a few days until the
end of this "second last call."  I'm aiming to move these files to
permanent locations and link to them from the evergreen-ils.org downloads
page on Monday, May 14, barring unforeseen difficulties.

Staff Client:
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/pending/evergreen-setup-2.2-rc1.exe
44839fbe1b0758a7e9975793778ff561  evergreen-setup-2.2-rc1.exe

Evergreen Source:
http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/pending/Evergreen-ILS-2.2-rc1.tar.gz
862fea97ab6ac3002e169ed510207b16  Evergreen-ILS-2.2-rc1.tar.gz

Thanks again,
--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley