[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Permission groups

Glen Modell modellg at aadl.org
Thu May 24 10:42:34 EDT 2012

Hi, this is Glen at the Ann Arbor District Library.  We're not on Evergreen, but I'm experimenting.

I'd like some advice about adding permissions groups.  In the client I've gone through Admin, Server, Permissions Groups, and added several groups under Staff.  These show up in the permission.grp_tree table, but there is a column called application_perm which does not get filled automatically.  Perhaps because of this, the new permissions groups aren't valid.  When I create a new user and assign the user to that permissions group, that value is not retained after I save it.  I've tried running an autogen but that didn't help.

Is there an additional step I need to do in order to add a permission group?  Thanks.  --  Glen.