[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Populating a demo with records

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri May 25 02:45:27 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 04:55:36PM -0400, bfeifarek at q.com wrote:
> Hi Jill,
>
> To add to Lori's response, the demos that I set up use data generously
> shared by Evergreen Indiana . There is also another set of test data
> called "concerto" that is available in the Evergreen code repository (
> Open-ILS/tests/datasets/ concerto .sql ) which I have not tested yet.

The concerto data set creates 100 bib records with call numbers,
copies, bib parts, located URIs, call number prefixes and suffixes,
and conjoined bibs. A few of the copies, call numbers, and bibs are also
deleted. The goal is to provide a common reference data set that we can
use for testing interface design (displaying elements like prefixes /
suffixes / located URIs), copy visibility, sorting of copies in results,
relevancy ranking, etc.

It expects to be loaded into a clean Evergreen database, and takes just
one command:

psql -U evergreen -h hostname -f Open-ILS/tests/datasets/concerto.sql

(adjust the user name and hostname according to your install settings);
or, as it is just SQL, you should also be able to load it via pgAdmin or
a tool like that.