[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installing and Running Linux Staff Client Version 2.0.9

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Nov 2 12:10:41 EDT 2012

On Ubuntu 10.04, you should bet able to do 'sudo apt-get install xulrunner', then copy/rsync the "build" directory from your source directory located at OpenILS/xul/staff_client (or should be after you've built the server) to your client machine.  Then you can do 'xulrunner /path/to/build/dir/application.ini' to start up the client.  You might have to adjust here and there.

But as Joe mentions, you can also use wine, which might be more straightforward.

Hope that helps!

Chris