[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] EDI response message question

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Nov 2 13:39:06 EDT 2012

Hi all,

We have one library currently using EDI from Evergreen to transmit their
files to Baker & Taylor. When I look at one of their POs, I can see the EDI
message for the order going out, but I don't see a response associated for
that PO. When I go to Admin/Server Administration/Acquisitions/EDI Messages,
I find a processed ORDRSP that contains titles matching the original PO. I
thought I would be able to see this from the PO. Why don't I? And is the
response supposed to take any action for the lineitems, such as marking back
ordered titles? If not, what purpose does the response file serve?

All the documentation says is "The EDI messages screen displays all incoming
and outgoing messages between the library and the vendor." I hope someone
can tell me more to flesh out my knowledge of what is supposed to be
happening.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn