[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] EDI response message question

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Nov 2 15:44:40 EDT 2012

Hi Mary,

Our libraries are seeing the EDI messages on the PO. There is a number
next to the "EDI Messages" line on the PO (see attached image). When you
click it, you can view the order sent and order response messages
associated with that PO.

I checked with one of our acquisitions people on back ordered titles.
With Baker & Taylor, a back ordered response is automatically changing
the status of the copy to cancelled. However, this does not happen at
the line item level, and you need to click through to the copies to see
that it has been cancelled with a reason of back ordered. The system
also automatically disencumbers the funds and deletes the copy from the
system. She also said that back orders from Ingram are not changing the
copy's status.

Ideally, it would be great if back ordered items had its own status
rather than using a cancelled status since, in many cases, the order
will ultimately be shipped. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1029591. Also, we would love
to see the line items display as cancelled (or back ordered) on the PO
when all associated copies have a cancelled status so that it is easier
to identify which titles need to be re-ordered. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/978095.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator